- Understanding of 23 design patterns described in GOF book
- Python implementation understanding of each pattern
- Python source code of each pattern
- 50 Quiz questions related to all 23 patterns
- Focus to make a thought process to design
- Learn to visualize the problem scenario and solution in OO
- Understanding of Object Oriented Concepts
- Basic understanding of UML
- Experience in Python
Subtitles are available for Introduction, Case Study and Design Patterns Concepts.
Design and architecture of any software/solution provides the base and makes it flexible, extensible for future requirements. A good designed software/solution makes it easy to understand and maintain. Design patterns are known as best practices to design software for problems which are repeated in nature.
This course is second one in my Complete Python Design and Development course series-
- Advanced Python : Take Your Python Skills To The Next Level
- Design Patterns Through Python
This course “Design Patterns Through Python” gives you understanding of all 23 patterns described in Gang Of Four book – “Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software”, by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlissides.
Each pattern is explained in a simple way with intent, problem, solution and structure. Also the information of participants, collaboration, consequences and implementation are explained for each one. The pattern structure or example implementation of Python source are explained to understand how it will be implemented using Object Oriented features of Python.
The course also provides Python source code of each pattern to understand it in better way. This helps in applying the variation on implementation to see how it can resolve some other implementation bottleneck. There are quizzes after Creational, Structural and Behavioral patterns to check your understanding.
This course will help to understand the best practices for design and apply them to do the better design of software/solution in Python.
It will be good to have the Gang Of Four book – “Design Patterns: Elements of Reusable Object-Oriented Software”, by Gamma, Helm, Johnson and Vlissides as a reference book for this course.
Design Patterns Python implementation source code is available to download.
4 Feb 2016
- Added Subtitles for following-
- Case Study
- Design Patterns Concepts
17 Aug 2015
- Added Case Study
- Updated Introduction