- Make their own match-three puzzle game to be deployed on PC/Mac or their mobile device!
- Create a tile-based 2D game in Unity
- Unity 3D version 5.4 or above (free Personal edition)
- Mac or PC
- OPTIONAL Photoshop or image-editing program to customize art assets (downloadable assets provided)
Massive 2017 Updates!
We have created over five hours of extra lectures describing how to add additional gameplay features to our match-three game! We have also re-recorded some videos and updated the projects accordingly (Unity 5.6 used for the project files). Check out these new features added:
- re-skinning your game using your own Sprites
- checking for the deadlock condition (no more available moves)
- shuffling the Board pieces (instead of deleting them and re-filling the Board)
- building a one-, two-, or three-star score meter
- creating new level objectives (scored, timed, and collected)
This course now weighs in at a 14+ hour marathon in game development. Save weeks of work on building your own match three game.
Join the ever growing ranks of our class and see what you can build today!
In this course, we will:
- start with a blank Unity project and flesh out a fully working game level
- learn some fundamental techniques for creating your own tile-based match-three puzzle game
- follow several C# scripts line-by-line and learn how to organize our scripts logically and cleanly
What is covered:
- Setup our project settings and environment
- Create a Board class to store our tiles and game pieces
- Create an auto-centered orthographic camera
- Make a GamePiece class that can move with interpolation
- Setup the tiles to receive mouse input
- Search for matches in a two-dimensional array
- Handle recursive calls to clear and refill our Board
- Add sound effects to game events
- Apply particle effects to add some punch to our graphics
- Making a score manager to track player progress
Join the democratization of game development! Level up your Unity 3D skills and build your own match-three game today!
When you complete the class, you should have a full set of source code as a starting point for your match-three puzzle game!
- Intermediate Unity developers with basic working knowledge of C# scripting
- Unity developers interested in creating a match-three game
Note: If you downloaded successfully please click on any ad, the only the way we are getting income from the ads to pay the hosting charge